Saturday, August 20, 2011

20th Project - August (Final Installment!?!)

Not what I would have expected for the August installment of this project (Happy Birthday Mel!), but we woke up to loud claps of thunder and torrential rain (I tend toward the dramatic here only because I *tried* to walk Lanie, who followed me out only because she was attached to the other end of the leash I was holding, but who thought I was an absolute moron for attempting to wade through the flood waters behind our building's back door and then walk around in it. The look on her face said, "Lady, you're batsh*t crazy if you think I'm going to get comfortable enough to *do* anything out here, but I'll follow you around until you take me back inside where it is safe and dry." Epic walk-fail.), and bits of flooded beach. The major storm has passed for now (it's going to be a long day like this, I think), so here's what our little beach looks like on this, the twelfth 20th of our life here in our little Home Sweet Schwab:


And here's a shot of the foggy-coated Lake for dramatic emphasis:


It's really hard to believe it's been twelve 20ths already. One week from today we celebrate one year in our first home. Time really does fly when you're having the craziest adventure of your lives... here's a quick summary of all 12 months of 20ths (and now I have to figure out what to do with this project...):

(September)
(October)
(November)
(December)

(January)
(February)
(March)
(April)
(May)
(June)
(July)
(August)
12 months in a minute. Incredible.

(You can view all of the photos from all 12/13 installments of the 20th Project by clicking here - there were several months with more than one photo as this project evolved.)

No comments: