Well, so here we are. One year and a few weeks later. It's funny to think back to this time last year and recall just how different things looked and felt and seemed. The place looked like a step back in time, it felt very overwhelming, and it seemed like we'd taken on a big unknown/undo-able project. One year later... and a lot of that's changed. Some unexpected stumbling blocks have come up, but all in all, we've really made some progress and a make-over has truly been accomplished already. There's still much to be done, but here's what we've tackled so far:
You may recall that we inherited The Museum of Old Ugly Wallpaper Samples. So far, these two are completely gone:
|(we updated/painted the new cabinet, too, thanks to our amazing friend Zak Rose)|
We have painted three major areas of the home, as well as those kitchen cabinets and the insides of both the front door and the kitchen-to-hallway door. Here is a quick summary of our paint jobs to date:
|(front hall, hall, dining room accent wall)|
|(living room walls - both the grey-blue and the white stripe "faux moulding")|
|(dining room table/chairs)|
|(2nd time's the charm!)|
Bonus: we got to re-carpet both bedrooms on go-around #2:
Other updates include:
- replacing the sliding glass doors in the living room
- some plumbing fixes in both bathrooms (these need not be rehashed)
- balcony furniture
- and some more I can't quite think of just now...
- travel: Guatemala, San Francisco/Tahoe, Israel, Rhode Island, Cape Cod, Las Vegas
- getting to know our neighborhood: Color Project
- documenting our first year month by month
- spending time and celebrating holidays and birthdays and other good times with family and friends
- getting to live "on vacation" all summer
- celebrating our second wedding anniversary
- welcoming several new babies into our extended friend-family
- and more, and more, and more.
Still-to-do-projects in the next post...