And it's low fat, too!
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2-2/3 C. sugar (less if your bananas are really over-ripe, as they get sweeter as they brown)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1/2 C. plain, nonfat yogurt
- 2 1/4 C. unbleached, all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- Optional: 1/4-1/2 C. chocolate chips (I don't know who'd opt out of chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F; spray a loaf pan (about 9 X 4) with nonstick spray
- In a large bowl, beat together the banana, egg whites, sugar, vanilla, oil, and yogurt. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until well mixed, and then, beating at a low speed, add the dry ingredients to the banana batter. Stop beating when the batter is fully integrated and smooth. Mix in the chocolate chips, if you're smart enough to use them.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan, and bake 50-60 minutes.