(nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely. ~Auguste Rodin)
Friday, September 24, 2010
Tips and Tricks: DIY Cleaning Products
A great post from Design*Sponge has inspired me. Have to file this one away for future reference!
Spic & Span Floor Cleaner The Goods
1 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. baking soda
6–7 drops essential oil of choice (I like to customize my floor cleaner scents to compliment the seasons, using lavender in spring, something citrusy in summer, cinnamon in autumn and pine scents in winter).
1. Fill a bucket or your kitchen sink with hot water.
2. Add vinegar, baking soda and essential oils while filling.
3. Stir with a mop to disperse the baking soda in the water fully.
4. Mop floors per usual.
Make It Shine Furniture Polish The Goods
1/2 c. olive oil
10 drops lemon essential oil
1. Combine olive oil and essential oil in a dark glass bottle.
2. Dab a cloth with the mixture and polish wood furniture per usual.
3. Use within one month, making more as needed.
Odor Out Fabric Freshener The Goods
1. Simply sprinkle liberally all over area rugs or carpets and onto upholstered furniture.
2. Leave to sit for at least one hour and then vacuum away.
Green Room Mist The Goods
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. vodka
20 drops essential oil of choice (may be a single oil or a combination of several; for autumn celebrations, I like a blend of cinnamon, clove, ginger and orange, while a blend of balsam pine, juniper and rosemary go well with winter festivities)
1. Combine all ingredients together in a refillable spray bottle.
2. Shake for each use and spray as needed.
Read the whole post on Design*Sponge by clicking here.